Re: [AD] Allegro 5 (4.9) data type

> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:16:15 +0200
> From: Evert Glebbeek
> Subject: Re: [AD] Allegro 5 (4.9) data type
>
> My opinion: Allegro is not a wrapper around OpenGL, so using OpenGL
> datatypes throughout Allegro doesn't make sense. Standard C (C99)
> datatypes, however, does make sense and is not more or less portable
> than using OpenGL datatypes.
>
> Evert

I'm not saying to use OpenGL datatypes, but define new Allegro datatypes.
As example, AL_INT32, AL_UINT32, AL_INT64, AL_FLOAT, AL_CHAR, etc. It
would be useful specially for those integer with an specific length.  By the
way, I'm not sure if the C99 standard defines those "specific length types"
and if they're widely used by all platforms.