Re: [AD] Allegro 5 (4.9) data type

I'm not saying to use OpenGL datatypes, but define new Allegro datatypes.
As example, AL_INT32, AL_UINT32, AL_INT64, AL_FLOAT, AL_CHAR, etc.

What's the point?
There's standard C99 datatypes, int32_t, int16_t etc. Why not use those?

It
would be useful specially for those integer with an specific length. By the way, I'm not sure if the C99 standard defines those "specific length types"

Yes, it does.

and if they're widely used by all platforms.

Maybe not, but if they're not, Allegro already provides them (or at least used to, but I'm guessing that's a feature we keep).

Evert