Re: [AD] 4.9 on MSVC 2008

Michael Swiger wrote:

./include/allegro5/internal/alconfig.h:35:42:
allegro5/platform/alplatf.h: No such file or directory

Sure enough, that file didn't exist. Trent Gamblin assures me that
fixdll.sh works just fine for him, and doesn't check for this file
(which he told me is the desired behavior). I couldn't make it stop
checking for that file though. So I ended up running cmake . -G
"Visual Studio 9 2008" to generate the header, then I ran fixdll.sh
again, and it succeeded.

I think it was me who added checking for that file, forgetting that it is generated. I had to do it because the list of exported opengl extensions depends of the platform...

Anyway, I still don't understand why is allegro.def necessary? Can't we export symbols like we currently do for addons (__declspec(dllexport) / __declspec(dllimport))?

The only use of allegro.def I see is to check if any symbols have been accidentally removed between releases. There must be an easier way to check, this is too much trouble.

After this, I opened up ALLEGRO.sln in Visual
Studio and ran Build Solution with "Debug Configuration" selected, and
it worked perfectly. I then ran Build Solution again with "Release
Configuration", and it gave me a single error:

cmake generates several projects for every target, named something like allegro_debug, allegro_static_debug, allegro_release... depending on options passed to it. MSVC configurations are not supposed to be used because every configuration has its own project inside the solution. That's how cmake works apparently. I haven't found a way to clear the list of configurations.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net