Re: [AD] OpenGL code

Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 16:11 +0000, Peter Hull wrote:
I don't know anything about GLEW but I'd guess the number of
extensions that we need is quite small - just pbuffers and texture
rectangles?

I have no idea about either of those, but I'd like to use framebuffer
objects for drawing onto textures myself - the OpenGL 1.0 way currently

pbuffers are, afaik, an old and complicated way to draw to textures.

We'll probably need texture rectangle extension to handle npo2 bitmaps in case texture_npo2 extension is not present.

implemented is just horrible (copying from the texture to memory,
modifying it there using our memory functions, then uploading the
texture again).

I think will still need to keep that code around, in case FBO extension is not present. It can be optimized to upload just the parts of the bitmap that have changed, like AGL does.

Since I still have no idea how to load extensions myself, I'm ok with
all three possibilities (1. try to merge the extension handling from
AllegroGL, 2. require GLEW as dependency, 3. handle just the extensions
we need and leave users alone).

Personally, I'd like to put AGL code in it. But it's up to the one who writes the code. I probably won't be able to work on 4.9 in near future.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net