Re: [AD] Allegro fails to initialize sound under Pulseaudio

> I still don't get the point of that, force everything else to mix to it? so
> the mixing is bottle necked in the clients instead?

My guess is, high quality sound apps have to use floating point anyway
as they absolutely must avoid any internal clipping, and for others
the int->float conversion of the buffer is not a bottleneck. E.g. I
can't notice any difference here between using Alsa directly or
routing it through Jack with Allegro, neither in lag nor CPU use.