Re: [AD] modernizing the examples

On 7/28/07, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> GFX_AUTODETECT_DESKTOP doesn't mean anything to me.
> We could shorten it by two letters and go with
> GFX_AUTODETECT_PREFER_WINDOW :-)

If it were between GFX_AUTODETECT_PREFER_WINDOW and
GFX_AUTODETECT_PREFER_WINDOWED, I'd go with the latter just because
it's more consistent.

> I can't say I like the mode_priority[2] stuff :-/
> Maybe we can commit it and clean it up (_set_gfx_mode needs to be broken
> up into some smaller functions).

The auto-detection is basically designed to handle arbitrary cases
using flags even though we know that there are only four scenarios
that we will ever care about. So unless someone rewrites the whole
auto-detection process to handle the specific instead of the abstract,
it's not going to be very pretty...

--
Matthew Leverton