[AD] modernizing the examples

One thing that bugs me with all the Allegro examples is they set some
primitive graphics mode like 320x200x8. Under Vista that mode cannot
necessarily even be set, which causes Allegro to cycle through drivers
until it finds a Windowed mode that it works with. This can take an
upward of 10 seconds to complete, and often the display is broken (it
won't update unless you move the window around) due to some sort of
bug.

Some of those problems are, at the least, Vista-specific, and some
might even be due to Vista bugs. But surely nobody really wants to see
320x200 full screen demos under Windows, OS X or Linux...

So I propose that the examples are all converted to use
GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED instead of GFX_AUTODETECT and use a minimum of
640x480. Also, I don't see why DOS cannot just set a full screen mode
even when a windowed one is requested. (And if people object to that,
a GFX_DESKTOP magic driver could be made that gives precedence to
windowed drivers.) I can make the changes if there is no opposition.

Also, some of the examples (eg: ex12bit) have outlived their
usefulness, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them removed
completely.

--
Matthew Leverton