Re: [AD] 4.2.2 schedule

On 2007-06-18, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If they haven't already, the patches on
> <http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/591863> can be applied to add DMC
> support. Some of the stuff (namely the addition of the DllMain
> function and the edited fix* scripts) should be critiqued, but the
> majority of the patch is just new stuff that only affects DMC.

There was a double echo in one of the fix scripts.  I assume that was a
mistake and deleted it.

I'll trust you on the DllMain change since I know nothing about it.

What's the #define UINT_PTR for?  I don't see that used anywhere in the
Allegro source.

Is defining FILENAME_MAX to 260 necessary?  It's a bit polluting.

I moved some comments from your initial post into the source files.
Please add comments into source files directly in future.

> The DMC support is good enough for a RC. (Except it still needs to be
> documented.) I think there's a problem with the pack file routines
> that will need to be sorted out before the final release. But it would
> be helpful to have the DMC support in an easy to access RC so that
> others will test it.

Ok.

> I'll send MSVC projects file to the list later this week.

Did you send it?

> At some point, I'll make the scripts that generate them available as
> well. However, considering their complexity (it's a project of itself)
> and the dependency on PHP, I don't see any reason for the project file
> generating scripts to be added to the Allegro distribution.

We can add it to the Allegro Subversion repository, at a different path.

Peter