Re: [AD] New Developer for the DOS port of allegro 4.3

On March 20, 2007, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> I was under the assumption that DOS support would be dropped for 4.3 due
> to technical limitations of the platform.

Nope. It was only removed to clean out 4.3's SVN. As we didn't expect anyone
to actually volunteer, at least not anytime soon. And the code that was there
wasn't going to work with the new 4.3 structure anyway.

> Andrew Lysher wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > my name is Andrew and i will be working on the dos port of Allegro
> > 4.3.  I am quite new to developing code, and will probably ask alot of
> > stupid questions. Please bare with me as i learn the in's and out's of
> > allegro.
> >
> > i guess the first thing i need to know is: where do i need to start,
> > and can i edit the source for 4.2.1 to allow it to work with 4.3, or
> > will i need to creat it from scratch.
> >
> > if any body has any sugestions for new features for the dos port
> > please let me know.
> >
> > Andrew Lysher
> >
> > If I told you that i never lost my marbles, but that i never had any
> > to begin, would you beleve me?

> > Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft
> > Office Live! <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2743??PS=47575>

> > your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash

> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash

Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx