Re: [AD] Requesting SVN hosting for dallegro

On Monday 05 February 2007 04:21:52 torhus@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> >> D doesn't really need makefiles because of bud (aka. build), but I
> >> understand if you want to integrate it into Allegro's makefile system
> >> somehow.  And of course, it doesn't hurt to be able to build without
> >> bud.  One less dependency and all that.
> >
> > Well, if this bud is sort of a standard build system used by all D
> > programmers, then it can be used I'd say.
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/build
>
> I don't know if everyone uses it.  On linux, you'd probably have to
> build it first, using the makefile that comes with it.
>
> But once you've got it, it's by far the easiest way to build D programs.
>   It parses your source code to find the modules you import, and
> compiles and links the whole thing.  To build the allegro demo game:
>
> c:\prog\dallegro>bud demo\demo alleg.lib
>

> Instead of specifying 'alleg.lib' on the command line, you can add it in
> the source code:
>
> version (build) {
>      debug
>          pragma(link, "alld.lib");
>      else
>          pragma(link, "alleg.lib");
> }

> easier. Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
> Geronimo

Ok considering bud is cross platform and is quite easy to use I don't see why
a bud script can be used and maintained as well as a makefile for those who
don't have bud installed.
This is how I feel about it anyhow, since it seems bud is a 3rd party tool and
is not officially part of the dmd/gdc toolkit.

--
-juvinious

http://saggui.sourceforge.net - Simplified All Gaming GUI
http://chasm.hopto.org - The Chasm - My Site