Re: [AD] fbcon driver color depth

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

Isn't it similar to what happens in windowed mode? Although Allegro's backbuffer has the requested colour depth, the actual window has the desktop colour depth. If this is similar it should be fine.

Conversion takes place at some level in X11 and Windows drivers.
The user might expect makecol32 and makecol to be the same if he has set_color_depth(32) before. This is true for X11 and Windows drivers, but not for fbcon with my patch.

As an aside, does desktop_color_depth() return meaningful information for the fbcon driver? It probably could and should if it doesn't.

It doesn't. It is a system driver entry, I'm not sure how would that be implemented.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net