Re: [AD] fbcon driver color depth

On Saturday 06 January 2007 00:12, Victor wrote:
> However this will surely break existing programs, so maybe we need
> another solution.

It conforms to the documentation: set_gfx_mode() fails if the requested
mode cannot be set.
Changing what graphics modes are supported doesn't break existing programs
in the sense that they should check the return value of set_gfx_mode().
Add to that that most graphics drivers can be disabled at configure time,
and I don't think such a change would break any program.

Evert