Re: [AD] [4.2] allegro and mkstemp

On Thursday 07 December 2006 1:19 am, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2006-12-07, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 December 2006 12:52 am, Peter Wang wrote:
> > > trying to fix pack_fopen_chunk(), and you're wanting to find the
> > > directory holding a file that a PACKFILE handle refers to.
> >
> > Nope. Its for an issue with Window's not implementing a useable tmpnam or
> > similar function.
>
> That's not our problem.

Nor is many of the problems that allegro solves :P Allegro is here to make the
programmer's life easier. There is no platform independent way of getting
these folder's locations. It's yet another job allegro aught to be doing.

> > http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/588910/633332#target
>
> Yes, I read that, but I got the impression that the problem was due to
> Allegro's use of a temporary files in writing (reading?) datafiles that
> was the problem.

I wasn't aware that was the real problem, but no, just using the datafile's
dir is NOT an option. Allegro itself then needs a platform independent method
of getting the "temp" dir's path.

> Peter

> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash

Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx