Re: [AD] [4.2] allegro and mkstemp

On Thursday 07 December 2006 12:52 am, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2006-12-07, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What are the limitations I have when moving the 4.3 code over to 4.2? I
> > basically only need to add one or two vtable entries, and the wrapper
> > functions.
> >
> > Can I just add the "get_dir" hook to the end of the system vtable, and
> > call it done?
>
> Why do you need a get_dir hook, and what does it do?  I assume you're

It retrieves several system dependant directories, HOME, TEMP,
ApplicationData, etc.

> trying to fix pack_fopen_chunk(), and you're wanting to find the
> directory holding a file that a PACKFILE handle refers to.

Nope. Its for an issue with Window's not implementing a useable tmpnam or
similar function. And having a way to get a number of system specific
directories may be usefull beyond just the temp dir.

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/588910/633332#target

> In that case
> we have the file's name in f->normal.filename, and we can extract the
> directory name out of that.
>
> Peter

> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash

Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx