Re: [AD] 4.3 system and display drivers

On Thursday 07 December 2006 10:02 am, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 11:38 +0100, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > Yeah, I'm hoping to merge in AllegroGL somehow, and of course the
> > current X11 driver. My idea so far is to have a flag AL_OPENGL to
> > al_create_display, and each display driver should make OpenGL available
> > if it gets the flag (and if it can get an OpenGL context).
>
> Ok, so far, so good. Multiple resizable windows working now :)
>
> Which leads to the big question - should I continue improving this dummy
> driver to eventually un-dummy it, or actually try to merge the concept
> back to xwin.c (pulling in AllegroGL along the way)?

Personally, I'd go with the "un-dummy" approach. slapping in random code from
the old and UGLY xwin driver, and allegrogl's version of it as well will just
lead to issues later.

Work from step one, and continue. This I hope will provide a better, more sane
architecture for later.

> --
> Elias Pschernig

> your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash

Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx