[AD] 16 bit color depth in full screen osx

I was just fooling around with full screen 16 bit mode in osx but
set_gfx_mode always returned -1. I tracked it down to this code in qzfull.m

  if (1
#ifdef ALLEGRO_COLOR8
       && (color_depth != 8)
#endif
#ifdef ALLEGRO_COLOR16
       && (color_depth != 15)
#endif
#ifdef ALLEGRO_COLOR32
       && (color_depth != 32)
#endif
       ) {
      ustrzcpy(allegro_error, ALLEGRO_ERROR_SIZE,
get_config_text("Unsupported color depth"));
      return NULL;
   }

Which clearly doesn't handle color_depth of 16. I added && (color_depth
!= 16) and my game works fine. I assume somewhere along the way the
color_depth should be forced to be 15 if it came in as 16 but this wasnt
happening and I didnt see where it was supposed to happen. Am I missing
something or is this a bug?