Re: [AD] outdated files cleanup

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 11:08 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2006-08-13, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sunday 13 August 2006 6:45 pm, Peter Wang wrote:
> > > Would it really help?  I would prefer you didn't "delete" the code, but
> > > feel free not to update old drivers.
> >
> > It just makes the main tree look and feel cleaner. Its hard to get working on
> > something with a ton of old, unusable code laying around.
>
> Well that's the excuse ;-) but all of the cruft sits in subdirectories
> anyway.  I'd be more interested in separating out the FLI, GUI, etc.
> related code into an 'extras' directory, or cleaning up the tangled mess
> of include files.

Yes, I agree, the "src" (and "include") directory itself could also need
cleaning up. That's next on the list :) But best to start with the big
and easy things, which are the outdated drivers. What is the reason you
want to keep them in the toplevel SVN?

There aren't any changes supposed to be made on them anymore, and they
will stay in each tag and branch for reference later for the new drivers
(in case we really will want any new DOS or Mac OS9 drivers, which I
somewhat doubt - so probably the code is abandoned forever already).

--
Elias Pschernig