Re: [AD] CMake

Peter Wang wrote:
> I've just added some initial support for the CMake
> (http://www.cmake.org) build system to the 4.3 branch.  It works on
> Linux and MinGW at the moment, but potentially it can generate MSVC
> workspaces, too.  Depending on how well it goes, it could be a single
> build system for all the platforms that we support so we could get rid
> of the autoconf stuff *and* the triplicated makefiles.
>
> Yes, you would need to have CMake installed to build Allegro.
> (But apparently KDE4 are using CMake so it should be available for
> most Linux distributions soon.)
>

> You can build the 4.3 branch on Linux now by running:
>
>     ccmake .
>
> Pick the configuration of Allegro you want, then push [c]onfigure, then
> [g]enerate.  Then run:

I got a bunch of errors.

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /home/kazzmir/tmp/al3/4.3/CMakeLists.txt:18:
 Unknown CMake command "list".

 CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /home/kazzmir/tmp/al3/4.3/CMakeLists.txt:32:
 INCLUDE Could not find include file: FileList

 CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /home/kazzmir/tmp/al3/4.3/CMakeLists.txt:98:
 INCLUDE Could not find include file: UsePkgConfig

I dont much about cmake, but I the ncurses menu certainly was neat to
look at. I think Juvinious tried cmake for something and found it wasnt
as good as he hoped, but if cmake works out are you pushing that over scons?