Re: [AD] 4.3.0 progress

Peter Wang wrote:
> I spent half of today merging outstanding changes from the 4.2 branch
> into the 4.3 branch.  Probably a good thing that the commits list isn't
> working.  It should all be there but maybe something was overlooked
> (or SVK stuffed up).
>
> I managed to compile it on Linux, and with MinGW and MSVC++ Express on
> Windows XP.  I'll try to do some testing tomorrow before I zip it up.
> I would be nice if some other people tested it as well before then.
> I'd like to know if the Mac port is horribly broken, but it won't
> be holding up the release.
>

> I made all ports use the standard location tools/plugins/plugins.h to
> simplify the makefile dependencies.  It was already half changed to
> tools/plugins.h but I thought tools/plugins/plugins.h was better.
>

> Did we figure out how to reliably run scripts from the misc directory
> in makefiles?  When I was trying to compile with MSVC the line
>
>     misc\embedman.bat $(DLL_NAME) 2
>
> was causing trouble because of the backslash (it was trying to run
> miscembedman.bat).  I had to escape the backslash, but I don't know what
> would happen with other shells or makes (Windows XP cmd.exe, MSYS make).
>

> Finally, it turns out that updating thanks._tx along with code isn't a
> good idea when it comes to merging (unnecessary conflicts).  The next
> best thing is to write commit messages in the same style as you would in
> the thanks._tx file: proper attribution (including for your own
> changes), punctuation, word wrapping, proper context (don't expect the
> reader to see the names of the files being changed).  Thanks.

I just went through a couple of the examples. Im using gentoo linux on
an amd64 with an nvidia gfx card.
1. In fullscreen mode in exflame the screen size seems to be 640x480 but
the area where the flames show up is only 320x200.
2. I cant seem to use the keyboard to progress exflame in fullscreen mode
3. ex3buf wants to use triple buffering now but my video card cant
support this for whatever reason. ex3buf didnt need triple buffer
before, why does it now?