Re: [AD] 4.3.0 progress

>>I would be nice if some other people tested it as well

4.3.0 CVS
MSVC8 on XP

C:\4.3.0>make
Compiling Allegro for MSVC, optimised statically linked. Please wait...
obj/msvc/runner.exe C:/Progra~1/MSVC8/VC/bin/link @ -nologo -release -LTCG -subs
ystem:windows -out:tests/win/dibgrab.exe obj/msvc/alleg_s/dibgrab.obj lib/msvc/a
lleg_s.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib dinput.lib d
draw.lib dxguid.lib winmm.lib dsound.lib
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'dinput.lib'
make: *** [tests/win/dibgrab.exe] Error 1181

thats because the DirectX libs are not installed in the /msvc8/lib  folder
they exist in there own /Program Files/DirectX_SDK_[date]/lib  folder.

this is because you may have several DX SDKs installed.
just as with the missing headers problem (add the /DX/include path to INCLUDE= env var) i added the /DX/lib to the LIBPATH= env var, but that didn't seem to do anything.

my less then perfect makefile skillz found that there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for adding this path, nor does the makefile.vc check the LIBPATH= env var (as set by vsvars32.bat)
i think the makefile.vc just presumes  /[compiler path]/lib is where the dx libs will be.

solution:  i think the makefile.vc should also include the LIBPATH= env var in its path for finding libs.
anyone know how to do this ?   (my makefile skillz are weak).

aj.