Re: [AD] msvc, static runtime versions (revisited)

On Thursday 15 June 2006 4:50 pm, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> > Actually, I don't understand. What's the difference between static
> > release and static runtime/release?
>
> Static runtime means the C runtime is built-in. This is independent on
> whether or not Allegro is compiled statically. Allegro has always
> supported static C runtime builds with MSVC, but there hasn't ever
> been much of a reason to use them until version 8 came out.
>
> So you have alleg_s.lib vs alleg_s_static_c_runtime.lib and so on.
> There is no need for a version, as the .libs have never been versioned
> anyway. (Although, perhaps they should be.)
>
> --
> Matthew Leverton

All I can think to add is sc or scr:
static: alleg_s.lib
Static runtime: alleg_scr.lib
static + static runtime: all_sscr.lib
static profile + static runtime: allpsscr.lib

course with 8.3 this leaves no room for version numbers. unless you lop off
the last r, and go with all_ssc.lib, and allpssc.lib

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx