Re: [AD] Windows unicode filename support

On Thursday 04 May 2006 16:23, Michal Molhanec wrote:
> Well, you don't need dynamically allocated strings, I used them because
> I just hate fixed size buffers.

Yes, and the stack already has a nice 1K buffer on it for this, and globals
aren't terribly nice. Hence, problematic. ;)

> Every Windows machine has proper codepage set, many applications would
> not work otherwise.

I was under the impression that the user can set a different codepage
depending on their want. These codepages could have the same 7-bit ASCII base
set, but then add over a hundred more.. like, Latin characters, or German
characters, or whatever.