Re: [AD] Windows unicode filename support

Chris napsal(a):
extended chars to work on Win9x, you'd need to use the MultiByteCharSomethingOrOther function, with dynamicly allocated strings.

Well, you don't need dynamically allocated strings, I used them because I just hate fixed size buffers.

And even then, extended chars will only work properly if the target machine has the right codepage set.

Every Windows machine has proper codepage set, many applications would not work otherwise. Anyway AFAIK files on the FAT filesystem are stored in 8 bit codepage, so for Win9x this is not a problem at all, because if you can store it on disk you will be able access it with these functions. NTFS of course supports unicode.

BTW there is definitely nothing "esoteric" about these functions.

BTW2 I have nothing against your latest version of patch.

--
Regards,
    Michal

ICQ# 175762750