Re: [AD] X11 hickups

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 01:10 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> I noticed a few peculiar things test programme.
> First of all, if I select a windowed mode for testing, the new window is
> created behind all the other ones and I need to bring it to the foreground
> by clicking in it. I don't remember this being an issue before. Could it
> be related with the recent update to using three X11 windows under the
> hood?

I get this as well, but I attributed it to the non-focus-steeling
changes in Gnome (gnome-terminal and firefox behave the same) - but I'll
try with Allegro 4.2.0.

> Secondly, if I click a mouse button during any of the blit tests the
> programme freezes for a second or so and then resumes. It also didn't do
> this before. Hitting a key on the keyboard doesn't cause the same problem.

I can not reproduce this here. I started the test program, selected
640x480x32 XWIN, graphics->blitting functions->blit(). Now when I hit a
mouse button, the program freezes as long as I keep it pressed, then
jumps to the next blit test.

The behavior of the click should probably be changed to not freeze while
being held down.. but it seems you experience something else?

--
Elias Pschernig