[AD] X11 hickups

I noticed a few peculiar things test programme.
First of all, if I select a windowed mode for testing, the new window is
created behind all the other ones and I need to bring it to the foreground
by clicking in it. I don't remember this being an issue before. Could it
be related with the recent update to using three X11 windows under the
hood?

Secondly, if I click a mouse button during any of the blit tests the
programme freezes for a second or so and then resumes. It also didn't do
this before. Hitting a key on the keyboard doesn't cause the same problem.

Can someone else confirm either of these problems?

Evert