From: Jonathan Hepburn <jonathan.hepburn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Apr 30, 2006 6:09 AM
Subject: [Kqlives-main] KQ destabilising X
To: kqlives-main@xxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,

Has anyone else here noticed KQ making X unstable? The setup is as follows:

KQ from CVS.

Debian testing, which means:

DUMB 0.9.2
Lua 5.0.2
Allegro 4.1.15

If I have KQ running, and then switch to a console with Ctrl-Alt-F*, X
will crash every other attempt, leaving me staring at the login prompt
from which I typed 'startx' to begin with. Yes, I have my reasons to
not start X at boot, and to switch to consoles occasionally.

This only ever happens with KQ. I don't run any other program that
uses Allegro or, to the best of my knowledge, lua, so I know not where
the fault lies.

Any suggestions?

Also, any word on when SourceForge CVS will work properly again? I
haven't had an update in what seems like months, and you guys keep
talking about cool things like walking diagonally.

Ciao,