Re: [AD] binary compatibility check for 4.2.x

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
The following patch fixes the version check problems on the 4.2.x
branch.  Older binaries will run with newer libraries, but newer
binaries will not run with older libraries.  That's still the policy
for 4.2.x, right?

Right.

Was there anything else that needed to be done for 4.2.1?

Elias and Hans are tracking an X11 bug that I still need to check if I can reproduce here. Maybe it's not crucial to fix, but since it's a known bug I figured that we might just as well fix it.

That would be very nice I've spend 3 full days getting this fixed, Attached to the bugreport is a patch against 4.2.0 clean which should fix this and create nicer fullscreen behaviour in general.

Please thoroughly review the patch, I've done my very best to make it 100% bugfree but its not a simple patch so it could cause unwanted behaviour (It really shouldn't, but it could).

Regards,

Hans