Re: [AD] binary compatibility check for 4.2.x

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 00:32 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > The following patch fixes the version check problems on the 4.2.x
> > branch.  Older binaries will run with newer libraries, but newer
> > binaries will not run with older libraries.  That's still the policy
> > for 4.2.x, right?
>
> Right.
>
> > Was there anything else that needed to be done for 4.2.1?
>
> Elias and Hans are tracking an X11 bug that I still need to check if I can
> reproduce here. Maybe it's not crucial to fix, but since it's a known bug
> I figured that we might just as well fix it.
> Other than that I think that's it. I'll do a sweep of my list of marked
> messages to make sure.

Maybe we can fix this for 4.2.1 still:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1401840&group_id=5665&atid=105665

It should be really simple from what I see, just need to replace the
hardcoded pathes with the one given in ./configure --prefix. I may get
around to write a patch tomorrow.

--
Elias Pschernig