Re: [AD] binary compatibility check for 4.2.x

> The following patch fixes the version check problems on the 4.2.x
> branch.  Older binaries will run with newer libraries, but newer
> binaries will not run with older libraries.  That's still the policy
> for 4.2.x, right?

Right.

> Was there anything else that needed to be done for 4.2.1?

Elias and Hans are tracking an X11 bug that I still need to check if I can
reproduce here. Maybe it's not crucial to fix, but since it's a known bug
I figured that we might just as well fix it.
Other than that I think that's it. I'll do a sweep of my list of marked
messages to make sure.

Evert