Re: [AD] More "mprotect" troubles (4.2.1 showstopper?)

On Monday 13 March 2006 20:41, Hans de Goede wrote:
> I'm working on a nice clean fix for this involving a temp file and mmap
> as described in the above url.

Hmm... how about building the complete stretcher and then making it
executable? Shouldn't that also work?
Disclaimer: I've never used or modified the dynamicly generated code in any
way, so I don't know how it works without checking the code (which I
didn't).

> Also notice that even without selinux the current mprotect patch is
> incomplete, it doesn't make the code generated in src/i386/icsprite.c
> executable.

Ah, yes! I imagine that would also be a problem under Windows.

> I think I have a fix wednesday at the latest, is that in time for 4.2.1?

Sure. I'm going to try to clean out my list of pending patches tomorrow and
wait a couple of days for new issues to turn up. ;)
Personally, I think pushing a release that was supposed to go out weeks ago
in a hurry while show-stopper bugs like these are being fixed is a bit...
silly.

Evert