Re: [AD] Re: Build Errors on Mac OSX (x86)

On Friday 10 March 2006 06:08, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 14:19, Miguel A. Gavidia wrote:
> > I don't know if this will affect anything later on, but I changed two
>
> lines
>
> > (237 and 297) in include/allegro/platform/al386gcc.h from:
> >
> > " .balign 4, 0x90 ; " to " .align 4, 0x90 ; "
>
> What is the difference in functionality?
> Have you tried a C-only version of the library? Since the MacOS X port was
> not written with the i386 asm code (and some of its non-standard calling
> conventions) in mind, I would give the C only port a better chance of
> working as expected.

Not sure on the difference since I can't get the lib compiled, nor do I
understand asm. :P

> > get this error:
> >
> > src/macosx/qtmidi.m: In function 'osx_midi_init':
> > src/macosx/qtmidi.m:127: error: incompatible types in assignment
> > src/macosx/qtmidi.m:128: error: incompatible types in assignment
> > make: *** [obj/macosx/alleg/qtmidi.o] Error 1
>
> No idea, sorry. Have you checked Apple's documentation to see what sort of
> type that should be? Any thoughts on why this would be different on the
> Intel port?

Well, I got a tip from the post on a.cc to change that to:

note_request.info.polyphony.bigEndianValue = EndianU8_NtoB(8);
note_request.info.typicalPolyphony.bigEndianValue =EndianU32_NtoB(0x00010000);

However it seems that EndianU8_NtB() is not defined.... :|
I just used both EndianU8_NtB(), it worked fine.

> > ld: warning -prebind ignored because MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment
> > variable greater or equal to 10.4
> > ld: Undefined symbols:
> > __stub_bank_switch
> > __stub_unbank_switch
> > /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> > make: *** [lib/macosx/liballeg-4.2.1.dylib] Error 1
> >
> > Here I'm stumped.....
> >
> > :-/
>
> That'll be the ASM calling conventions the port was not designed to handle.
> Please try recompiling with only the C code.

Still have that same problem recompiling as C only code.... Unless I'm doing
something wrong on the pre-configuration:
./fix.sh macosx
make depend
make ALLEGRO_USE_C=1

Still stuck on __stub_bank_switch and __stub_unbank_switch undefined. :-/