Re: [AD] new pointer API

On 2006-03-18, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3/18/06, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 2006-03-18, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Of course you can't really KNOW if people wont make touch or multiple
> > > pointer applications, as its not currently even remotely possible in
> > > Allegro. Personally, I'd like things to be complete. Not to limit the
> > user
> > > too awefuly much.
> >
> > I think the additional effort is not worth the gain.  Similarly for
> > multiple keyboard support.
>
> I guess its a matter of oppinion.

Sure.  But the effort is not just from the developers of Allegro.  Every
user has to expend more effort to use a more general API.

> > I wonder if it would be usefull to use the "time" to sync events, and grab
> > > events in the order they have in thier time field. Or something
> > similar..
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean.  Events are inserted into queues in the
> > order that they arrive.  They also have a timestamp but we don't use
> > that to determine their relative orders.
>

> So modifiers are sent in every keyboard event?

Hmm, they're only sent for key-down events.  You'd have to monitor the
key-down and key-up events for AL_KEY_LCTRL, AL_KEY_RCTRL, etc.
explicitly, which makes it that much more tedious.

Peter