Re: [AD] Allegro plug-in system (was: Is there a licensing reason why PNG isn't built-in to Allegro?)

> The problem with this is that it introduces DLL hell. Instead of one DLL
> (allegro), you find yourself using more (ie. allegro-images,
allegro-sound,
> allegro-input, allegro-gui, etc). Many people do not like this concept.
> There  also may be platforms that aren't able to handle loading
> shared-objects.

Indeed, one of the things I love about Allegro is that it can all be static
linked into a single EXE file. Anything that forced Allegro apps to use
DLL's and broke static linking should be ruled out.