Re: [AD] Re: Build Errors on Mac OSX (x86)

On Saturday 25 March 2006 18:00, Peter Hull wrote:
> It should, but I'd like to be sure.
>
> A bit more background about what I'm thinking:
> There are 2 options now possible for  Intel Macs - a pure C build or a
> mixed C/asm one. I'm going for the former as I think it will be the
> easiest to get up and running.
>
> To get the mixed one to work, we would have to add the src/i386 stuff
> to makefile.osx, undefine ALLEGRO_USE_C, and define ALLEGRO_I386. This
> is more complicated, especially as there seem to be some differences
> in the assembly dialect (that .balign stuff mentioned above). I'd rather go
> for a pure C build.

The .balign stuff was addressed by somebody else earlier.
basically:
.balign 4, 0x90 => .p2align 2, 0x90

So I changed them to that and got no errors.
Also just got it compiled thanks to peter. There was another
#define ALLEGRO_I386 in another file.
I'll work with it for a while and report anything else later on.
Also, I agree with peter that a pure C build would be better off.... I was
under the general impression that most if not all the asm was being dropped
eventually.