From: "Chris Jones" <allegdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AD] A New Allegro Thread starts here....
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 16:47:28 -0000

> In what way are we "feature driven"?  How do we even decide the
> "objectives"?  I think you're trying to make a point with this message,
> but I only see mumbo jumbo.

I think he's implying that allegro should be written like a traditional
software project -- ie. the "customer" provides requirements and then
allegro should be written to meet the requirements.

However because of the nature of allegro and the way it is developed, there
is no one "customer" who is in charge of what allegro should and should not
do, and features tend to just get added when somebody writes the code and
others agree that it should be part of allegro. In this sense I'm not sure
it necessarily lends itself to objective-driven design.