RE: [AD] acquire_bitmap weirdness

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 07:22 -0800, Robert Ohannessian wrote:
> This is the wrong approach. What happens when putpixel() becomes
> hardware accelerated and needs an unlocked bitmap?

Will this happen for 4.2.x?

> he same question applied to any and all Allegro functions that we
> might have recommended users to put in between acquire/release pair.
>
> Secondly, for the last 5 years or so, the docs and the community have
> always recommended writing the code I had below, even when hardware
> accelerated blits were used. Changing this behavior to make it slower
> will negatively affect hundreds (if not more) of Allegro applications.

Ok. But it wouldn't hurt changing the docs like in my patch, somewhat
hiding the odd current behavior :) I mean, there's a note stating the
automatic unlocking, and old code will keep working. And it generally
advices to not use the function at all.. but maybe I should shorten it
all somewhat?

--
Elias Pschernig