Re: [AD] Indexed datafiles

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 07:37, Peter Wang wrote:
> I wonder if something like this should go into 4.2.1 instead of 4.3.0?

I don't think so. Doesn't adding symbols to the DLL in Windows break ABI
backward compatibility?
Of course, if we *really* want to add this (I'm not saying we don't), we
*can* make it a static inline function. That way, 4.2.0 programmes can
still use the 4.2.1 DLL (and vice versa, but we don't care).

> It would also be nice for the documentation to mention the version(s)
> of Allegro in which the function were introduced.

Yes, that would be a good idea, especially now that the API is changing.
Helps to keep track of what has been done too. It shouldn't be too hard to
piece this together from the changelogs, though we may want to restrict
ourselves to changes since 4.0.0...

Evert