[AD] Something is wrong with my allegro video modes...

Hi people...

I'm using Allegro 4.2.0 RC2, with Dev-C++ (and MinGW) in Micro$ucks Windows Server 2003, and i noticed that Allegro games are getting some trouble with video modes (including that FPS, Milestone).

I'm not sure yet what is the cause, and i'm studing it. The problem looks like that none of the fullscreen allegro drivers work here and the windowed drivers works only if the resolution requested by set_color_depth() match exactly with the resolution provided by Windows or if the game window is partially off the screen, although set_gfx_mode() didn't return error codes.

I'd got the last speedhack games to test my video modes and study the problem better, just Castle Conquest and Starship Survivor worked without any trouble. The great majority of the others could run with some sort of trick and some few didn't work anyway (like Bunkermaster, Ibiza 2, Rebels and Lords and Dark and Light Battles).

I think that is not a hardware problem since i didn't got any problems with non-allegro games, including fullscreen ones.

Anyone knows about some sort of issues in Windows Server 2003?

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
Instale o discador agora!