Re: [AD] Something is wrong with my allegro video modes...

On Friday 04 November 2005 23:41, Victor wrote:
> I'm not sure yet what is the cause, and i'm studing it. The problem looks
like that none of the fullscreen allegro drivers work here and the
windowed drivers works only if the resolution requested by
set_color_depth() match exactly with the resolution provided by Windows or
if the game window is partially off the screen, although set_gfx_mode()
didn't return error codes.

Can you try out some of the Allegro examples and in particular the test
programme that comes with Allegro?

> I think that is not a hardware problem since i didn't got any problems
with non-allegro games, including fullscreen ones.

Nevertheless, it could be useful to know a bit about your system: graphics
card, driver version, DirectX version and if the problem occurs as well
with earlier versions of Allegro.

> Anyone knows about some sort of issues in Windows Server 2003?

Never heard of any, but I suppose it's not well tested. Windows 2003 is a
version of NT5, is it not? I would have expected it to be fairly similar
to XP...

Evert