Re: [AD] SAMPLE loading problem

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 09:48 +0000, Vincent Penecherc'h wrote:
> I also found this. I recall having problems loading some
> sound files, and I had to do this to make it work. The
> samples were then loaded correctly.
>
> I don't quite understand why the code was done that way,
> as AFAIK any 16 bit value can be stored as a sample in a
> sound file, so testing against EOF is damaging, as it'd
> flag as bad any file containing such a sample.
>
> I've left the code as is because I wasn't sure of the
> goal of the test, feel free to remove it altogether if
> you reckon it's the right thing to do.

Thanks, looks like a bug indeed.

I was going to commit it to both new_api_branch and HEAD, but SF said:

cvs update: failed to create lock directory for `/cvsroot/alleg/allegro' (/cvsroot/alleg/allegro/#cvs.lock): Read-only file system
cvs update: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvsroot/alleg/allegro'
cvs [update aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

Maybe they are transfering it to SVN already, and so temporarily locked
it? :) (I think I'm too optimistic sometimes...)

--
Elias Pschernig