RE: [AD] fbcon directcolor modes patch, and possible other patches

> I had a look, but couldn't find anything obvious. Allegro does try
> to set the right mode (same res as on startup) through a ioctl which

And I found some time yesterday evening, and fixed it. I don't know
*why* this fixes it, it looks like you can't change the mode before
you've relinquished gfx mode, but I don't know why. So, it'd be nice
if some people who use fbdev check whether the mode reset works with
this patch (I've tested with radeonfb).

Also, I noticed that while investigating the directcolor cmap problem,
I added the FB_ACTIVATE_NOW flag, I think it's unnecessary, so you
may or may not remove it, it works with it, it worked without.