Re: [AD] fbcon directcolor modes patch, and possible other patches

On 2005-11-08, Vincent Penecherc'h <Vincent.Penecherch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I started playing again with Allegro after more than a year,

Welcome back!

> and found two annoying things with the FB driver.
>
> - it needs two mode sets to actually set the mode properly
> - directcolor modes don't set a ramp colormap, and thus get
>   a buggered palette

Can you describe this a bit more?

> Also, I reviewed my list of personal patches, and there are
> a few you might be interested in (and a few you already said
> you didn't want :))
>
> So, would you be interested in:
>
> - adding a lines array to RLE sprites (speeds up clipping)

*Probably* not interested.

> - 2 patches to check /dev/input/mice by default is the user
>   supplied device doesn't work (in addition to /dev/mouse)

Sounds good.  That reminds me: we should make the evdev driver the
default, though it had some cursor speed issues the last time I checked.

> - s/export/exporter/ in datedit.h (so it compiles when used
>   by a C++ program, but breaks the datedit API)

We could do #ifdef __cplusplus so that C++ programs use `exporter' but C
programs use `export'.  But it's a field name and mostly people don't
need to use the name directly so it should be fine just to change it.

Peter