Re: [AD] Re: file_select_ex patch

On Friday 16 September 2005 04:56 pm, Michal Molhanec wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > Then it's a bad program. It should be very cautious of the filesystem
> > flags.
>
> pardon? what is wrong with e.g.

Nothing, other than you're not making sure the file was created. Never assume
fopen("blah", "w"); will "just work".

But that's not what you said. You said copy from the CD, then try to put
something in that new directory from the CD. You should never assume a
file/folder copied from somwhere else will inherently be writeable to you.

But this is getting off-topic. There's no reason to display a folder marked
read-only if you don't want to see things with the read-only attribute. If
you want a folder to be writeable, just make sure it's not set read-only. If
there's something in a read-only folder that's writeable, just do the same as
with a hidden folder that has unhidden files in it.. enter the name of the
folder manually.

If a directory wasn't meant to be able to be marked read-only, the read-only
attribute wouldn't be able to be set. But it is, and thusly should be
honored. If I don't want to see things marked read-only (by using -r),  I
*don't* want something second-guessing me and showing me things marked
read-only anyway.