Re: [AD] Mac OS X build from CVS is broken

While doing a build to test the latest build of Allegro on Mac OS X
in order to see if some mouse issues I reported a long while back
were, in fact, fixed, I ran into some build errors.

Can you remind us what those were? I think some mouse issues were fixed a
while back, but I'm not sure if they were yours.

The mouse issues with the grabber. See here: http://www.allegro.cc/ forums/view_thread.php?_id=498239 I do believe they were fixed, I was just doing a test to make sure that they, effectively, worked correctly.

No, send a diff (createdwith diff -u) of the modified file against a
well-defined version of the file to the list. If you're using cvs, then
`cvs diff -u' will create it for you.
Alternatively, have a look at
http://www.allegro.cc/dev/make-diff.php

Thanks

The directory ./obj/macosx/alleg/macosx simply does not exist. ./obj/
macosx/alleg does. The extra 'macosx' directory just needs to be
created at build time. I'm not really sure at what portion of the
build setup you want to do this. I'm guessing the makefile for OSX
specific stuff is a good spot, but I'll leave that up to you guys.

I think this came up in a discussion a while back, but I don't remember the
details.

Okay. I don't recall seeing any mail on the AD list about it, but then again I haven't been following too close lately.

Another error is the lack of a header file, which I'm unable to
explain at the moment:

It's generated dynamically.

plugins.h is missing. Back when I was doing some testing to try and
isolate the mouse deadlock issue this same thing happened. I'm not
sure why this is happening and whether other OSX developers are
having the same issues building Allegro from the latest CVS.

How did you compile Allegro? Did you remember to run `make depend'? That's
a nescessary step when compiling the CVS version of Allegro on most
platforms, as mentioned in the docs.

I didn't do a make depend -- simple case of RTFM; but then again I didn't realize that compiling via CVS was different than an official release. Not doing the depend was the cause of all those issues. I'll be playing around with the new build. I'm guessing you probably won't hear from me as the stuff I'm testing should work out fine. :)

-Jay