Re: [AD] Mac OS X build from CVS is broken

> While doing a build to test the latest build of Allegro on Mac OS X
> in order to see if some mouse issues I reported a long while back
> were, in fact, fixed, I ran into some build errors.

Can you remind us what those were? I think some mouse issues were fixed a
while back, but I'm not sure if they were yours.

> The first of the errors can be easily fixed (I did it manually and to
> not have a patch containing a fix; I also have no idea how one would
> go about submitting a patch, so any info on that would be nice. Just
> an attachment of the [modified] file?).

No, send a diff (createdwith diff -u) of the modified file against a
well-defined version of the file to the list. If you're using cvs, then
`cvs diff -u' will create it for you.
Alternatively, have a look at
http://www.allegro.cc/dev/make-diff.php

> The directory ./obj/macosx/alleg/macosx simply does not exist. ./obj/
> macosx/alleg does. The extra 'macosx' directory just needs to be
> created at build time. I'm not really sure at what portion of the
> build setup you want to do this. I'm guessing the makefile for OSX
> specific stuff is a good spot, but I'll leave that up to you guys.

I think this came up in a discussion a while back, but I don't remember the
details.

> Another error is the lack of a header file, which I'm unable to
> explain at the moment:

It's generated dynamically.

> plugins.h is missing. Back when I was doing some testing to try and
> isolate the mouse deadlock issue this same thing happened. I'm not
> sure why this is happening and whether other OSX developers are
> having the same issues building Allegro from the latest CVS.

How did you compile Allegro? Did you remember to run `make depend'? That's
a nescessary step when compiling the CVS version of Allegro on most
platforms, as mentioned in the docs.

Evert