Re: [AD] Finishing up 4.2 for RC1

> The Windows versions have already been made by Matthew and linked on
> allegro.cc, just Linux & DOS now is it?

My concept of a Windows binary is different than the official one.

To me, the SF Windows binary file (all403_bin.zip) are misnamed. All
they contain are threes DLLs and a batch file to compile Allegro. I
think most people find that package pretty useless. On Allegro.cc I
call that the MSVC-Make package, because that's all it is practically
speaking. (For those that want the DLL only, I also have an end user
alleg4X.dll download.)

My binary files consist of everything needed to compile Allegro
programs out of the box for your compiler. This means include files,
lib files, linking/use instructions, and the DLLs. This is what most
people want. So each platform/compiler gets a binary package plus I
have a general Windows binary that contains example source code and
exe's linked to the DLLs.

So if anyone wants to pinch my binary files, for the SF.net format,
you need to take the MSVC-make package (which I haven't updated yet)
and rename it to all420_bin.zip. However, I'd seriously consider
expanding the Binary section on SF to use the same files and naming
that I do on Allegro.cc.

Currently, I can easily make builds for:

* BCC32
* MinGW
* MSVC 6
* MSVC 7
* MSVC 7.1

I'll mirror Pete's Mac binaries, as I'm not familiar enough to make
proper builds on OS X anyway. I may make DOS binaries (DJGPP & Watcom)
at some point, but I cannot currently on my AMD64 machine. They aren't
very important, and have never officially been created. I avoid making
and distributing Linux binaries, because I don't want to deal with
compatibility questions. ;) So, I won't be able to help out there.

--
Matthew Leverton