Re: Re: [AD] set_config_file jumping around on OS X bundles

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 15:39 +0000, peter.hull90@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > From: Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > Can we still add an entry to the system driver? Then we could solve this
> > properly instead of adding another hack.
> >
> > char *system_driver.get_path(int type, int name)
> >
> > name would be the name of my game, type would be one of (and what it
> > would return in linux):
>
> As long as all your games have numeric names, like '1984', '3036' etc ;)

Hm, yes, the name should be "char const *name" :P

Also, the returned path would probably be returned via an allocated
"char **path", or with the "char *path, int len" method.

The main point though is, these pathes would be quieried under OSX and
Windows by system specific functions.

A quick glance at MSDN suggests, there's a simliar function already in
Windows: SHGetSpecialFolderPath

Pathes would maybe translate like:

AL_USER_SETTINGS_PATH  -  CSIDL_PERSONAL_APPDATA
AL_GLOBAL_SETTINGS_PATH  -  CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA
AL_DATA_PATH - installation path, does it need a registry entry?

--
Elias Pschernig