Re: [AD] set_config_file jumping around on OS X bundles

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 23:11 +0300, Kalle Last wrote:

> Considering that 4.3 will be a major update, probably one the biggest
> in Allegro history I don't think 4.4 can be released so soon. Forking
> wouldn't probably do any good either.

Of course. It couldn't be a release like 4.2.0 with half a year of beta
testing. It would be like if we simply rename 4.3.12 as 4.4.0. So the
new features are available in a stable version. It means, we could stop
supporting 4.2.0, and we could then release 4.4.1 and so on with bug
fixes.

It would just be a different model with increased frequency (but of
course less testing before releasing a stable version).

--
Elias Pschernig