Re: [AD] set_config_file jumping around on OS X bundles

On 8/22/05, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 14:57 -0500, Matthew Leverton wrote:

> I realize this topic has already been beaten to death, but it just is
> disappointing to see the "stable" branch sit idle for years and years.
> If we cannot change the frequency of stable branches, then I think we
> really need to do a better job of informing people when the "stable"
> version has become so old it's best off to use the development branch.

I agree. We should try to increase the frequency. Maybe release 4.4.0 in
a year. The binary compatibility means, if you have a 4.2 DLL, it will
work with any .exe requring a 4.2 DLL (no matter if it is older or
newer). But, yes, changes can only be bug fixes. Still, for 4.0. there
was 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3.. so it has it's usefulness.

--
Elias Pschernig

Considering that 4.3 will be a major update, probably one the biggest in Allegro history I don't think 4.4 can be released so soon. Forking wouldn't probably do any good either.

--
Kalle Last