Re: [AD] Re: Windows Allegro on Multi-processor machines

Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 18:04 +0200, Andrei Ellman wrote:

Note that this affects WIP 4.1.11 and WIP 4.1.9, but not 4.0.3.
Alas, the machine that demonstrated these problems was destroyed by a power-surge, so I'd have to track down another machine with the same problem (but at least I was able to get SiSoft Sandra to produce a diagnostic-report on the machine which I still have). I've tried this on several machines and the game worked fine. It was just this one multi-processor machine running Windows 98 that caused intermittent freezes.

Ah, thanks. There's a chance that this already got fixed by enabling
locking under windows (in one of the last betas). So unless it is
reproduce again with the latest beta, let's just assume it is fixed :)

It's good to know that at least something was done that's likely to fix the problem, but my mind will only be at rest when I can find a machine where my game shows the problem, but not when compiled with the latest beta.

Unless such a machine can be found, I'll just hope that it's fixed, and place a warning in my docs to run in windowed mode if the problem occurs.

AE.